Friday, May 11, 2018

Hats

Yes, I am back to my favorite knitting. We went to Florida for a while this winter and I took my knitting machines (standard and midgauge) and knit hats. While Frank drove down and back I also hand knit hats.....but we won't talk of those
Because I took the ribber for the standard gauge km I did some hats with ribbing. For the midgauge 350 I started with waste yarn and handknit the ribbing afterwards, while sitting out in the sunshine.

At the April knit-in I also knit hats. Oh, I forgot to mention in that post that one of our TMK members had passed away over the winter and had left her yarn and magazines to our club. We got to look through these items at the knit in and choose which to take home with us. We did donate money to our TMK for the items we took home.

I had been trying to use up all the LionBrand Homespun that I had in my house by making hats. Well some of the yarn left to us included this yarn, so I got even more!! I did manage to knit 4 hats with the Homespun while at the knit in and I have knit 6 more since I have gotten home. These are just basic ribbed hats. I did write up the pattern and it was published in the May issue of the Carolinas Machine Knitters Guild newsletter.  I do like those ribbed hats in Homespun because the yarn usually varies in colors and I can mix up various leftovers to make even more interesting hats. Look out Warmth for Maine  as I plan to send these to you as part of my 100 donated hats this year!!

That is for the Country Knitting of Maine, News&Views magazine hat contest which has been held each fall for the last few years. I think that by now I have made hats for all the people in Maine Well maybe not. It is good to make things for charity. 

I have made other hats in worsted weight yarn and in the weight that knits on the standard machine. I keep trying different styles and hope to make some of those furry looking pompoms for some of this year's hats. I've got the material here right next to me.

Here are some of the Homespun hats. The second photo shows them before seaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment