Saturday, September 30, 2017

Fall Knit-In at Camp Agape

In April I posted about our fun Knit-in at Camp Agape. Well it was so much fun that we are doing it again in a few weeks. We will be in a different building this time, one with a kitchen. Last time we had to bring our small appliances (waffle maker, crockpots, portable oven, etc.) because there was no  kitchen, just a fridge!! We still ate well, of course

I love knit-in's because they are a time to concentrate on knitting and socializing. We learn a lot from seeing how others use their machines. And if we focus on our own knitting we get a lot done!

I found where Diana Sullivan attended a Knit-in in her area in July. Her write up is quite inspiring and fun to read. Check it out!

http://diananatters.blogspot.com/2017/07/machine-knitting-retreat.html#comment-form

I've got to get back to planning what to take to our knit-in.....and before that I am trying to finish up the items I am entering in our NC State Fair for next week!

Keep knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just discovered your blog. I live in Wendell and I'm a novice machine knitter. I'm very interested in joining your knitting group. Is there more information available online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi V,
    We would love to have you join our group. We meet monthly in north Raleigh. Specific dates, times,location, and topics are on our website https://sites.google.com/site/trianglemachineknitters/home but our meetings always allow time for asking questions even if it is not about that day's topic.

    ReplyDelete